Thursday, January 1, 2015

Happy New Year and good riddance horsey

First off, a Happy New Year 2015 to all of you. It is now the year of the ram.
Just finished this 40 minutes ago.

And here's a tribute to this wild, and hectic year (for me) of 2014.
Why was it hectic? Well...

  • I finished up my first year of teaching, and never again do I wish to return to that field. 
  • I got into a car accident, and I have only myself to blame. Thankfully, no one was severely hurt. Everyone please stay safe on the road, and try not to give in too drowsiness or sleep fatigue. That's what happened to me.
  • I got into a rather awkward and unfruitful free-lancing experience, with a rather peculiar client. A hard-learned lesson and experience of weighing my options of whether my time and effort is worth it, and to ACTUALLY listen to any warning flags and pray more before agreeing to whatever assignment given to me. For all those free-lancers, beware of any jobs that suck up way too much of your time and give little to no compensation. Unless you don't mind working for that person.
  • Went on my first mission trip to Haiti. The only highlight to me was planning and painting inside the new nursery house, and actually finishing it by pulling an all-nighter before the day of departure (yep, I cut it real close there, but I did it).
  • Went through some depressing moments of wanting to give up art and my comics after finding that I had to shelf Eruti again. 
  • Finding how much I lack in self-discipline when it comes to learning.
  • Got a job at a UPS store and still getting over my anxiety around people in general. And I miraculously survived my first UPS Holiday rush.
*Phew* yep, insane year of the horse.
Speaking of horse...
If you're curious of this picture, click on this link and it will take you to the link that has a description below.

Now 2015 will be the year of the ram. Well, what are my plans? 
  • I will continue working and learning with Christ Oatley's Magic Box Academy
  • Make some new fanart pieces for my first artist table at either Momocon or AWA 2015
  • Work on a portfolio for concept/character design (a storyboard portfolio if time permits)
  • Launch my webcomic "Beeswax"
  • Finish that short comic "Sugar Dominion"
  • plan for an anthology of short comics.
  • Steadily write and rewrite Eruti and other potential stories and try to explore different story-telling formats other than only comics.
I also hope to be more faithful with Christ, because lately, I still have control/trust issues. But hey, if we made it this year, then we'll survive whatever comes. So bring it on, 2015! Year of the Ram, Sheep, Goat!

God bless, Peace, and Happy New Year! See Ya'll.

No comments:

Post a Comment