Monday, January 19, 2015

Coloring Test for Eruti

I was trying to see if I could try out a coloring style for Eruti
which only turned out like this...and I wasn't very pleased. Though, to be fair, it's my fault that I did a sloppy sketch instead of more refined drawing. NOT pure clean lineart, but an actual drawing.
What coloring style was I trying out? Well, I recently fell in love with Cory Doctorow and Jen Wang's book "In Real Life", which was gorgeous, and goes into online gaming. Jen Wang's coloring style is very gorgeous and fun to look at.

***the pages mentioned above are (C) Jen Wang***
It's really pretty in my opinion, and has this soft look to it.

Now I definitely plan on doing another color test, and ACTUALLY paying attention to what I want to emulate.

Truth be told, there's another color test I want to try, and it's a style that's grayscale, but has more linework involved. I'm talking about the way Faith Erin Hicks colored her pages in "the War at Ellsmere"
***the pages mentioned above are (C) Faith Erin Hicks***

but now that googled reference pictures, all of her pages look awesome.
Clear drawings, yet not too overly detailed with the grays or toning (if she used screen tones at all).
***the pages mentioned above are (C) Faith Erin Hicks***

But right now, I really have to focus on Sugar Dominion, my portfolio, and the Magic Box Academy.

No comments:

Post a Comment