Friday, January 23, 2015

New Moleskine and a few more doodles

So yeah, I had bought a small Moleskine Sketchbook, but didn't want to draw straight into it yet. Now that I had finished using my last sketchbook (literally a few days after the new year), I'm stoked to use it.
And yeah, the first page is literally a "Contact me" page with an "Award" line.

Honestly, sketchbooks are like my babies, but even I'm not willing to give a reward. Maybe I would, but honestly, I'm not made of money.
Am I the only one who tears up if something bad happens to each drawing I make?

Anyway, I've been working on these sketches, trying to determine what is a good design for my characters, and I think I've got one. I have Genndy Tartakovsky and Samurai Jack to thank.
I know this sketch was already posted, but still. It had a little bit of space so I used that space to do some more. And I believe I've found the adult design for the male protagonist

**Note to Self: find names for these characters** What also helped were these little references.
This was the first one i liked instantly, but I had a hard grasp of going away from the basic "round" shapes and trying to make these shapes semi "believable"
Awesomely drawn by Taho
This one was a guide for finding the right "sunglasses"
  Check it out
And this one is something to do with hats Seriosly, it's amazing

No comments:

Post a Comment