Monday, June 1, 2015

Momocon gesture drawings, and weekly sketches.

First off, went to Momocon, and boy was I exhausted. But I was really glad to have attended to some good panels that were beneficial and inspiring to me. And of course, seeing "Mystery Ben" was a treat. There was a "Life Drawing 101" workshop, which I'm glad existed. It was especially great to see my brother happy with how much better he improved with drawing from a real-life model. I did realize how SLOW I am when it comes to drawing. I definitely stank during the 1 and 2 minute poses. You can tell by how incomplete they are. Can't even tell what pose she's holding. The longer ones were more bearable, but once again it hurt to see how hard it was to get certain angles and foreshadowing right. But it was still an awesome drawing session.


















And now for the weekly sketches.
These were actually from last week. While waiting behind the reception table, I doodles a bit. The ones with stones are for a concept I thought of for Creon and Hinder's story.
This girl is my brother's fancharacter for RWBY, which was quite an interesting character. Though I should have made her more unhealthy and zombie-like.

 The weird stones and gems you saw above, were based on an idea I though about incorporating into Creon and Hinder's story. I didn't like to keep it strictly Sci-fi and wanted to throw in a few supernatural elements into it. Which would explain why there are some super-powered mutants or people in this far future. Highly, powerful stones of power and energy (Shards, for now) are rare. It's also the source to Creon's powers and what boosts her genetics and her body's ability to adapt.
Some are smart enough to convert the Shard's power into clean and efficient energy to power machines and even space ships. Mining or hunting these things are hard.
 I binged and re-watched all 2 seasons of Wakfu (highly recommend) with subtitles (because the dubs are poor), and felt like drawing Ethelmay and Asmod as Wakfu classes. I feel Asmod is perfect as a Sacrier, than an Iop. Ethelmay is obviously an Enripsa, since she's more magic-based and develops healing techniques.
 These 2 below are thumbnails for some future drawings I want to do. I did one solo piece for Asmod, now it's time for Ethelmay to shine.

 This was what I doodles while waiting for the "MysteryBen" panel to start. Especially when someone is playing awesome Mystery Skulls music.
 The music playing in the room was awesome, that I drew Creon dancing her heart out. I already see her as the type to enjoy every moment and rocking to the music.
That's it. See you again later on.

No comments:

Post a Comment