Monday, June 22, 2015

Raptors and Weekly Sketches

Not much again. I've drawn more fan sketches than normal, which I'm not showing here. Except for this one here. Yep, watched Jurassic World with my brother, and enjoyed it. Note to artists, I don't know how you get watercolor on these moleskins, but it didn't work well for me. The paper tends to mulch up from moisture and the brush rubbing against the paper.

Now for this photo below, I'm experimenting with Comic Prose, and have printed out the blue-color draft. I want to try inking these by hand. If everything is fine, I might do this for Eruti, and for more longer stories.

Now this is the first time I've drawn Yeoung-Hy and the blue-eyed phantom (still need to get a name for this guy) in an actual drawing, rather than an idea sketch. After Sugar Dominion (still need to finish), I'm going to work on this comic.
I've been experimenting again with Beeswhacks comics, and THIS is one test I don't want to repeat again. It feels sloppy and rushed, just to meet a deadline, and on top of that, watercolor pencils just don't cut it. That, and cleaning this up wasn't easy.
Yeah, I don't like how it looks even after clean up, all because the paper buckled due to water.

No comments:

Post a Comment