Sunday, June 7, 2015

Starting June, weekly sketches, and a new Beeswhacks comic

New Beeswhacks comic yay!
This time I hand inked the lines, but over printed cardstock. I printed out the blue sketch and inked over it. I like the process so far. Next time, I want to try and take my time with the sketching, so I don't get stuck when trying to figure out what I had sketched. Plus, I need to make sure I use the right colors, since I struggled with getting the blue out.


Also some sketches.
This time, I really do need to make my mind up. It's either finishing "Sugar Dominion" and starting a new short story, work on the character design portfolio, or make a storyboard animatic based on the design portfolio.
Which was why I haven't had a lot of sketches, and why I made messy thumbnails and scribbles of other promo art. The chibis are the lovable cast from the "Pixel Brains" and "Balena Productions." I'm tempted to get into flash puppet animation. Oh, there's also that Pixel Brains short I have yet touched. In fact, I'm almost tempted to try that with my characters in Eruti. Which explains the chibi Ethelmay.

Also, some ideas I had to scribble, for the short story I had in mind. Trying to figure out how Yeoung Hy would adapt to her abrupt position as housewife/cave-keeper. The short story, Blue Fire, is based on a folk tale called, the Logger's Daughter and the Blue-eyed Phantom. Yeah, that was a first. I never knew this story existed, and kind of wonder if it was made up. But then again, there are lots of Korean lore and folktales I haven't heard about.

Oh yeah, this one is old. For that darn portfolio project, that I just can't seem to get around to.

No comments:

Post a Comment