Friday, August 29, 2014

You know how you think you have everything ready to go, and you are so sure that you can start making the pages for that webcomic you dreamed of ever since high school? Well...After sharing my story (spoiler-free synopsis) with another fellow artist, I found a lot of unpleasant flaws with my story. So it was back to square 1, rewriting. 
This month indeed has been rough. Especially with me wondering, "how am I ever going to make a living with art?"
More like "what is the best course of action to take?"
Well...I guess it's better to show you, then tell.
But I'm faithful that God will get me through this rough, unclear time. Even now, I'm listening to a wonderful Chris Oatley podcast interview with Sarah Marino. All artists go through this crippling disease of self-doubt, and the struggle of soul-searching and finding your true passion. I definitely know that I'm not cut out for teaching, even if it is art. I'm an artist first, but I feel like I'm letting that define my soul purpose, when it's not.

I'm a Christian who still has lots of problems like any regular person, I'm a sister, a daughter, a friend, and the occasional entertainer. And to all you struggling and aspiring artists out there, hang in there.

Now with the situation on Eruti...well, I'm still writing, but I got this crazy idea of taking a break (again) and work on some short story webcomics instead. To get my bearings together. I really want to tell these stories. 

Until next time, God bless, peace, and take care.

Oh and here's some other stuff I posted on my tumblr first (I prefer to compile a bunch of stuff, rather than blogging every single, minute doodle.
 Some fanart and homage to the General Yi Soon Shin, and the movie "The Admiral: Roaring Currents."
A gift doodle for the child I sponsor through WorldVision. 

No comments:

Post a Comment