Sunday, August 10, 2014

Wacom Cintiq 13HD woes

Now I know I'm being too hard on it because it's spanking brand new and I haven't gotten used to it.
But this thing is ridiculous with it's calibrations going wonky with adobe Flash, Gimp, and Clip Studio Paint.
I just got a new windows 8.1 desktop 2 weeks ago. Liking it so far, and I mainly got it because I needed something powerful to handle the work I would be doing.
Today I tried setting it up, and nothing came on. I had the drivers installed and everything.
Then when I went to Microcenter to get an HDMI to DVI adapter, it worked.
Next problem: The pen calibration was off. I think I uninstalled and reinstalled those drivers and the tablet about 3-4 times, including the ones on the cd and the newest one online.
Now I'm pissed because I had purchased Clip Studio Pro, and liked it (for now, still trying to figure out how to use the brushes. Not used to them). But the calibration on that is way off as well.
Sure, i can access the toolbar settings. But when I try to paint, ink, or draw with pencil, the cursor is like 3 inches apart from the pen itself.
It works fine on photoshop.
But then, I couldn't seem to download Flash, the trial version, and the same thing happens there. pen calibration is off.
I don't know if I need to configure something in the settings of those programs
Or if this cintiq is derpy with Windows 8.1
I'm frustrated. I've wasted probably $2200 for both the pc and this cintiq, and I get this bullcrap.
I wanted the cintiq to help me draw better and more efficiently, especially since I plan to work on my comics.
Instead, I'm scouring the internet for answers.
Wacom, you disappoint me.
Either they're so invested with their new Hybrid Companion rather than their predecessors, I might as well return it.
It's too soon to throw in the towel, but for now, I hope the tech support can help.
If any of you have problems like these, feel free to share.

2 comments:

  1. It's Windows, not the cintiq or the software.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You think Windows isn't that great with wacom compatibility? Funny thing. It worked fine on my macbook pro. But looking back, I think it was because I had both the cd installation driver (old) and the newest driver (online site) both installed. Lots of people say that having old outdated drivers can screw things up. I don't know. Apparently someone else had a problem with their 13 HD cintiq as well. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NWN8mif843I

      Delete