Tuesday, September 2, 2014

New one-shot comic, and crazy goals for rest of this year.

Eruti is on the back-burner again. However, I don't want to just rush that story. It's quite dear to me, but so are a lot of other stories. Rather than focusing solely on Eruti, I've decided to finish an old project of mine.
If any of you remember that old OLD Shonen Jump Manga Contest entry I shelved last year, I've brought it back out. Phew! It's been a while since I last drew those characters. My brother seems quite happy that his idea won't be shelved forever. I'm actually glad he gave me an idea to quickly run with.
So far, I'm steadily inking this 22nd page, with only 8 more pages to sketch and ink.
And then that leaves touch-ups, lettering, and toning for all 30 pages.

Of course, I need to make a good cover for it as well.
Now lately, it's kind of disturbing how few of the most interesting, or peculiar, dreams start breathing a life of their own. Perhaps 3 nights ago, I had this odd dream. I was obviously in it (going to change to a different character), and for some reason I was held hostage? Then I was saved by this agent/spy/police officer? For some reason time must have skipped forward and I ended up being his partner and helping him with his missions?

It still has this potential love story, and for some reason they're too adorable to pass up on. It's scary how these dreams work. It's as rare as finding a unicorn. Heck, there's seriously a Snow-White story that I want to do, and a story with some mouse king? See? It's mind-blowing how these rare dreams can turn into stories.

Now another crazy, radical idea, would webfiction be a good route for some of my longer stories? I would definitely add illustrations there. Heck, even the webcomic Best Friends Forever is continuing with written pseudo-chapters and sketches. Again, so many choices, but so little time. And most of all, what is the best route for me? Still praying over it, and trying to relax.

No comments:

Post a Comment