Tuesday, April 28, 2015

More Eruti doodles and a training montage

I really need to be better with updating my sketches. But any way here are the stuff I drew during whatever free time I had. My hours have changed due to me moving to another store.

If there is one thing that helps, it's a fantasy play list I compiled on my phone. Definitely need to get more orchestral soundtrack, or songs in different languages. 

Here, I just played with action poses. I can't seem to draw loose at all. That's something I need to work on.
 Some more dynamic poses. Ethelmay and Asmod make a decent duo.

Now, these are stuff for "Blue Fire". At first I just drew her randomly in her usual attire, which is her outfit without the chimma (skirt). Then I started spitting ideas of little Yeoung Hy training under her grandpa. Somehow she convinced her grandfather that she's capable enough to fight. Her grandfather and several ancestors have served as fighters and soldiers.
 I'm wondering if maybe grandpa would take a few months in the woods to train her, or take certain days away into the wilderness to train and teach other skills that would build her up. I think it would take a few years to build her up.
Now also, a business card I designed arrived last Saturday. The client already had everything done, such as the logo and info. But I was given a chance to offer another opinion. Out of all the other motifs in the background, she liked the polka dots the best. Hmm...I guess I shouldn't say I designed anything at all. More like recreate it. I've been a lot of that lately. It's usually editing, revising, or preparing something for production and printing.
 Lately, I feel like I'm making excuses not to work on anything. Last week, I discovered that comic and writing hybrids are known as Comic-Prose. It made me think that doing Comic-Prose would be best for Eruti. There are so many stories I want to tell with Ethelmay and Asmod, that I don't want to leave them out. I'm going to do a few experiments to see how this goes. Funny, that was what I planned on doing with Phantom's Confidante, until I cancelled it.

No comments:

Post a Comment