Thursday, April 9, 2015

Doodle: Letting her out

I got inspired to just "draw" and draw as much as possible to prevent myself from going stale after doing nothing but writing and typing up the plot for Eruti, and working on a fan-animation. Was listening to this week's ArtCast with Chris Oatley, interviewing Eric Canete. I was blown away at the sheer amount of drawings this guy did almost every day, and I loved how they were these gorgeous and dynamic ink on paper drawings. I realized I have been rather idle with art-making, but I've also been frustrated with the lack of direction I have, and almost having no wish or passion to pursue so many of the projects I have. It makes me wonder if I need to break away from comics and manga and try different things. I wonder if storyboards are a good match for me.

But anyway, I haven't drawn this character after so long. She was originally an OC in this cancelled phan-comic/phan-fic. Now I can't get the idea of her jamming out on her guitar, but using her newly acquired magic that allows her to alter the sound of her guitar and literally summon surround- sound for other instruments. She knows she's not a good singer, but where her actual voice fails her, she can allow her hands and fingers to do the singing. Argh there are days when I literaly wish I could vomit all the artsy good stuff in my brain in burried in the farther realms of my brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment