Monday, April 20, 2015

Comic Shoutout for Miss Marvel and Ghost Rider, and a new original piece of art.

Now first off, I caved and HAD to get these comics.
After hearing on tumblr about the new muslim-american Ms Marvel, I was intrigued. That was many months ago. After finding them at my local barnes & nobles, I finally found them. And also, recently last week I stumbled upon the new Ghost Rider comic.
All I got to say, I love the new Ghost Rider and the art is really dynamic and kinetic. So far there's only 1, and I hope they keep the same artist. I love Robbie as a character, and he's such a good big brother. He only wants his little brother to be safe in the sketchy and dangerous town he lives in. He also has a good sense of moral standards, until dons that flaming skull and punches the snot out of some thugs.

Kamala as Ms Marvel is a great and relateable character. She's a Marvels fangirl who writes fanfics, and just wants to fit in and live normal. Families all have their thing and can function differently, no matter what religion. It's really refreshing to see more diverse representation. I got to love her more in the 2nd comic, especially in how she handles a situation with inspiring other lost teenagers that they can make a difference. Plus, I like the art style as well. I find myself buying comics and manga as inspiration and references on making comics. It's really refreshing to have physical reminders that teach me that there's no one way to draw, color, or write comics.

Comics are rated T+ so I wouldn't recommend it to children (unless your child understands what date rape is and the context of selling drugs or using super pills for monster strength).

Now that I've finished this recommendation, I'd like to present to you, an original work for Eruti. I really do need to make more original art. This was an excuse to try out 1 tutorial, and try out another that I had failed in the past.
If you'd like more information, I've posted it on deviantart, along with a full description. The tutorials I'm referring to is this lightning tutorial and this person's coloring.

Also, starting tomorrow (more like upcoming morning) I'm going to be committing more on graphic design and print jobs at a different UPS store. So I'm kind of excited. I'll get some good experience to be proud of on my resumé.

No comments:

Post a Comment