Saturday, February 7, 2015

Injured Wrist

 Yeah it happened. I can't recall how or exactly when. Most likely happened at work, and I was putting too much stress on my wrists, especially cutting boxes. Whatever the case may be, I hope that it's minor and goes away after some rest.
And yes, that doodle above was a b!t(# to draw with the left hand and very little involvement of my injured right hand. Thank goodness for Clip Studio and some of the corrective features of the "effect" pen or something. That's the only way I could make those thin to thick lines.

On the other hand, these are some doodles I did. Another card for my friend who is at Global retreat. Sort of a failed zentangle card. Thought it would make a nice little decoration she could color and hang somewhere in her room.
 And possibly the ugliest or creepiest bear I've drawn yet.
Anyway, if you could all pray that my wrist gets better, or that the situation doesn't become too serious, I will appreciate that immensely.

Speaking of hands, everyone take care of yourselves.
In fact, here's some links to some guides I find useful for preventing carpal tunnel and tendonitis.
video for some exercises
http://ros-kovac.deviantart.com/journal/Preventing-Injuries-for-Artists-443501570
drawing with a tablet with less injury
prevent carpal tunnel

2 comments:

  1. get a wrist brace, you'll be able to draw though nothing particuarly fine detailed. And it keeps the wrist streight so the swelling and other issues can be figured out. They're like 20 bucks at CVS

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, about that, I did. The problem? I have to keep it a wee bit tight to really keep my wrist from bending around too much. But that seems to be crushing the rest of my hand and fingers. If I loosen it, then my wrist isn't still. I've been using those pain-relieving patches and Iodex, which helps. But honestly, I'm not sure if it's even a minor sprain anymore. I've noticed that when I bend my hand up or down, but flex or stretch out my thumb, that's when I feel a twinge of pain. It's a bit alarming. I really don't know how long this will be.

      Delete