Monday, November 17, 2014

Chris Oatley Academy and Girls' Retreat weekend sketches

A few days ago, I had started drawing some motorcycles (with reference), especially since I was interested in drawing a vehicle for Creon. I actually wanted to make a one-wheel motorbike for her, but I might end up making it a regular motorcycle, especially if she wants to be able to deliver stuff.
 As the title indicates, yes I have joined Chris Oatley's Magic Box academy. The frogs are studies I made for the first assignment. Everything else is some thumbnails for some future artwork I want to make.
 Hehe, drawing that desert rain frog is fun and cute. The thumbnails on the side were sudden ideas I had. I know I want to make some sort of Chibi rendition of the Dark Tower Ka-tet. Of course, I had to give those spiky muffin balls some extra level of cuteness. Because that world is quite trippy.
 And yep, guess what me and my brother saw last Friday. I have to say, I was already interested in "Big Hero 6" when I saw the concept art and the teasers. I'm really REALLY happy with the movie, and it's a definite comeback for Disney after "Frozen". This movie was full of so much feels that I ended up crying. I highly recommend it. You can obviously tell how much I love Baymax. Here are my original characters all snuggled up with baymax.
 I don't know why, but I've been getting into drawing more of Creon and Hinder.
 More Creon, a little bit more of Hinder here. But I have a feeling I'm going to need more development, especially with the story.
Well, that's it. I literally did 3 pages of sketches while I was away with some girls from my bible study group. Had a lot of fun up in them mountains. I guess that's what happens when you have no access to internet or computer. But it was good. Heck I even feel like writing an outline for Creon's story.

No comments:

Post a Comment