Thursday, January 21, 2010

Research for Braswell Music complete (so far) and some inspiration

Well I've got my e-mail from the guys at "Braswell Music". They mainly target youngsters and teenagers, which is a majority of their customers. This helps me narrow down my selection on ideas. I believe some of my sketches can work after all.
Down here we're required to find at least 5 different logos from competitors, which inspire us.
Possible competition or other inspiring logos 



I love how they substitute the "G" with a guitar. The guitar subtly resembles the "G" shape, but the fact that it's a guitar, anyone can read it as "Guitar Center". I tried incorporating that idea into my sketches, but so far they don't seem to work.

Aperio is latin for "to reveal". The type seems rather script, but it's not complete script. Plus it has that retro feel which is similar to the signs is old fast-food places. Modifying a pre-existing type is a good idea, but I'd have to experiment with that on Illustrator.


The subtle outline shape of the guitar body is evident and unifies the type as one. The frame helps in that as well. The use of the guitar hole as the "o" in "store" is a good idea too. Substitution of letters is an intriguing idea.


Use of type to create the guitar body. This inspired me to think more outside the box rather than being penned in by common sense.


An interesting combination of rugged font, lines running through, and imagery. It's definitely different, but this certainly brings out the "rocker" feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment