Sunday, January 1, 2017

Happy New Year 2017-reflections, plans, & sketches

Happy New Year it is finally 2017. Goodbye 2016.
2016 was a crazy year, a hard year, but albeit a productive year for me.
So here are some highlights of 2016 (cuz I don't want to think of how many musicians and good actors/actresses died)
  • I finally finished the Pixel Brains animated short for L4D2
  • I launched my webcomic "Blue Fire"
  • I finished my storyboard portfolio (which I kept holding off for a few years)
  • Started making comics for a local newspaper
  • Dusted out my youtube channel
  • Actually took on commissions
  • Set up a Patreon
Now for my resolutions:
  • Create a concept art portfolio centered on game development
  • Make Youtube an actual job as an artist/animator
  • try to finish some animated short projects
  • continue working on "Blue Fire" & upload it on Webtoons along side other platforms
  • Be more patient & willing to trust God & stop trying to control every facet of my life, because the universe bows to no one & I'm a sinle speck of dust in this cosmic ocean
  • If Youtube doesn't work out, look into enrolling into technical college to gain skills that will get me a normal job
  • And if I'm unable to afford college, actually search for a job after the summer.
I'm happy to say that I found it pretty fun to work on commissions, no matter how small they were. Really thankful to some of the people who commissioned me. Here are samples:  
The last comic of 2016 for the "Korean Baptist Press of the USA" 침례신문
A piece of fanart for Riana Dorsey, cuz it was her birthday. If you can, check out her webcomic "Suihira." It's great ^^
And some art for Blue Fire
To spruce up my youtube page, I made myself a whole new channel art, which is now one of my wallpapers:

I'm now a fan of "Yuri!! On ice" anime. So good. And because of constantly listening to the song "On love: Agape," I sketched some of my characters as figure skaters. There's Ji-Hyun from that scrapped "Phantom of the Opera" fancomic. Her outfit is based on a Korean doll. Ethelmay from Eruti, her design is fairy-based. Creon is a simple one piece that shows off the markings on her skin (just didn't color them here since it was all charcoal). And Valentine in a stylized outfit based on a swallowtail tuxedo.
And that's about it. Happy new year, and best of luck to you all. God bless you all and take care.

No comments:

Post a Comment