Monday, November 9, 2015

Another Road block and Small Doodle dump Nov 3-8 2015

Not much. Sadly.
It's strange, now that "Sugar Dominion" no longer ties me down. That means I can concentrate on other personal projects. But it's looking daunting, especially choosing. I don't know if I'll be able to tackle it. Afraid of failing. Afraid that my work will not get any recognition. Being forever invisible in the sea of other wonderful content. No one has even commented on "Sugar Dominion" much. And that's a bit disheartening.
I can't seem to make up my mind on what I should prioritize on.
Should I continue working towards the story "Blue Fire"?
Or tackle "Eruti" first? Or should I be creating that portfolio I've put off?
I try to see which one I'm more passionate about. And sadly, I can't seem to be as enthusiastic about them as I am when drawing fanart. But that doesn't sit well with me, building myself based on only fanart and fan stuff. It's as if I have no originality at all.

Sorry if this has become a personal vent blog. This first week was quite confusing.
For now, I'm going to aim for finishing the outline and story for Blue Fire, so that way I can actually have a webcomic to look forward to. Or, maybe a comic-prose.
In the meanwhile, not many sketches.

First one is where I decided to start working on "Blue Fire." I have found the perfect soundtrack to listen to; the soundtrack from the historic kdrama "Gunman in Joseon." This was me still trying to get YeoungHy's vigilante look. I had to see what the common portrayal of Hong Gil Dong was. Hong Gil Dong is an old fictional character in Korean legends. You can say he's a Korean Robin Hood.

Today, or should I say yesterday, my family and my church went to Tallulah Gorge Park. The view was great (as well as the food). I got a chance to sketch a bit.
 This is the new header I made for my tumblr. It only shows up when you view it in the app or smartphone. I had to throw in my original characters, though 3 figures are NOT mine. 1 of them, is the reason why I'm not getting any original stuff done (because his existence has sparked a craze of fanart I desperately want to draw). The other 2 are my favorite "let's players", the Pixel Brains ^^

Speaking of Pixel Brains, I'm STILL not giving up on the current "Left 4 Dead 2" animated short. I'm happy to say that I"m done with the rough pencil test. And am ready to do backgrounds, inking, coloring...still a lot of work.




No comments:

Post a Comment