Saturday, July 9, 2016

Image Optimization test and End of Beeswhacks

I'm looking at using an image optimizer, since I won't have Photoshop anymore (budget issues coming soon).
The one on the left is optimized with Photoshop's "save for web" feature. One on the right was optimized with a plug-in for Gimp.

So far, Gimp is doing its job. That's more than enough. Also, I've quit Beeswhacks.

Honestly I've cared very little for that comic and it eats away at whatever free time I have. It's become a chore that I don't look forward to. When I started uploading bits of Blue Fire on Tapastic, it gained almost half of the views Beeswhacks got in its entirety, in just a matter of a week. That says a lot. This is the current viewer count as of now:
That's nearly half of what Beeswhacks made in an entire year, and this has been nearly 2 weeks! So basically, I'm putting more energy into Blue Fire.

Also, still working on that Pixel Brains short. But sadly, I've run into a really bad technical block. A small portion of the short is going to look horrendous, due to Flash having a weird brush jitter, when you draw something at a tiny scale. In the old version, I've rarely had that problem. Now it's noticeable in the newest update.
Anyway, I'll see you all later.

No comments:

Post a Comment