Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Snail pace on the character sheets

I've started character sheets for the 2 main characters, Ethelmei and Jason
unfortunately, old habits are rearing their head.
However, I'm rather happy with this little doodle here
I'm surprised. This was all done on computer with tablet. Guess it shows that I have to use more intense shadows or blacks and more intentional use of line with my pencil drawings. At this point I'm like "screw the whole finding the right art style to fit the mood"
But I think I'm going to have to be more experimental with styles. Cuz I want to find that nice union of simple, dynamic, yet detailed. Sort of like a bybrid of anime and cartoonish. My friend told me that, it doesn't matter, all webcomics will start off looking horrible, but as time progresses, you get better. And it's true in cases of fancomics or other comics. I'm really not too terribly paranoid on spamming people with every day of my life, which is why I avoid twitter, tumblr, or don't post much on dA or even here.
But I do hope everyone is doing well. 

Peace and God bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment